This session will cover the following topics:
- What taxes arise on disposal?
- How important are tax reliefs?
- Reliefs/Exemptions to be examined today
- Termination Payments
- CGT – Retirement Relief
- Retirement Relief
- Company Buyback of Shares
- CGT – Entrepreneur Relief
- CAT – Agricultural Relief
- CAT – Business Relief
- Succession Planning – Examples
Michael Smith, FS Taxation
Michael is Tax Partner with FS Taxation, a firm that specialises in tax planning for personal and corporate clients. Michael has over 25 years of tax experience, and has held a number of senior positions with top Irish accounting practices. He has significant experience advising on business start-ups and reconstructions. He has lectured and written widely for Chartered Accountants Ireland, the Irish Tax Institute and other professional bodies.