This course looks at practice succession, practice incorporation and the goodwill valuations associated Accountancy Firm transactions.
Specific topics addressed will include :-
- The 5 Methodologies for Valuing the Goodwill of an Accountancy Firm
- 10 Considerations for the Incorporation of an Accountancy Practice
- The Tax Implications of succession, sale or incorporation
- The 9 Steps in a Practice Sale
- Why buying the goodwill of an Accountancy Firm is a good investment
- The Key Considerations of internal Practice Succession
- Basic Provisions to discuss when drafting a Heads of Agreement for the transfer of ownership of an Accountancy Firm
- The basic steps in performing due diligence on an Accountancy Practice
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing his technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
He provides support, training and advice to OmniPro clients on financial reporting, auditing and company law matter and conducts company valuations. In addition, as a Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits.
A Chartered Accountant and Qualified Financial Adviser, John has over a decade’s Big 4 experience with EY and PwC, providing tax and audit services for a portfolio of clients, ranging in scale from SMEs to multinationals.
Des O’Neill: Co-Founder and Managing Director, OmniPro
Having worked for a number of years in practice, Des O’Neill co-founded OmniPro to develop tools, techniques, products and services, empowering accountants to achieve their best. Over 15 years, he has grown the company to a multi-million-euro turnover business and established OmniPro as Ireland’s largest independent provider of CPD for accountants.
Des speaks regularly, at national and international fora, on practice development, auditing, accounting, company law and regulation. He is passionate about bringing innovation to the profession and empowering accountants to achieve what they want in their careers and practice.