This session will focus on a review of the impact of the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2018, incorporating:
- Practical advice and guidance for MLROs
- Business Risk Assessments and how to prepare this
- The components of good Customer Due Diligence- how to assess clients as low/medium/high risk
- Politically exposed persons and enhanced procedures
- Guidance for firms when they encounter suspicious activity
- How and when professional privilege can be used
- Recent legislative updates including changes to the reporting regime
- Update on topical issues such as COVID-19 and AML directives to be implemented
CDP Course Facilitators:
Mike, a member of our Practice Support team, is a qualified Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor. He is responsible for carrying out hot file reviews, cold file reviews, annual compliance reviews, in-house training & supporting firms on a day to day basis.
Formerly a quality reviewer with Chartered Accountants Ireland, this role saw him visiting firms of various sizes across Ireland conducting audit, non-audit and anti-money laundering visits.