This online CPD Course will look at some of the common tax errors and reminders that the presenter believes should be highlighted in the following tax areas:
- Retirement relief, entrepreneurial relief, share buyback and business asset relief.
- Participation relief applies;
- Trying to secure relief from the close company surcharge and the importance of timing;
- Agricultural relief;
- Looking at the wholly or mainly test;
- Stamp duty on sale of shares with property in the company;
- Different values for different taxes;
- Dividend withholding tax and ensuring there is no exposure;
- How to claim share for share/undertaking reliefs practically;
- CGT losses – where there may be restrictions;
- Stamp duty and the importance of wording in a share buyback contract;
- CG50 requirements;
- Some reminders on vat on property;
- Conversion of directors loans to shares.
This online course will be relevant to all practitioners that provide tax advice under various taxes.
CPD Course Facilitators:
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.