1 hour – Corporate Finance
Speaker – John Murphy
The Methodology and Approach to Valuing Irish Businesses
This webinar will review the valuation techniques that should be used in the valuation of small to medium size companies/businesses.
This webinar will include among other items:
- Quick review of the valuation methods;
- Some of the more common methods used in practice;
- The impact of non-trade items on the balance sheet;
- The use of rules of thumb – multiples
- Recognising the importance of assessing the reasons for the valuations – different valuations for the same transaction for tax purposes
- The minority discount – when is it appropriate – the rates to use?
- Summary of what should be included in a formal valuation
- The common errors made and common adjustments that should be considered
- The importance of determining what percentage of shares is being valued and who is it being valued for
CDP Course Facilitator:
John Murphy – Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support
John is a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions, and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.
A Chartered Accountant and Qualified Financial Adviser, John has over a decade’s Big 4 experience with EY and PwC, providing tax and audit services for a portfolio of clients, ranging in scale from SMEs to multinationals.