1 hour – Taxation
Speaker – Declan McEvoy
An overview of the different types of farm structures to include
- Sole trader-minimising your tax within this structure and availing of all reliefs-revisited
- Why the need to look at structure
- Interaction with dept of agri schemes
- Partnerships-examining the types of partnerships and the reason behind same including non tax issues
- Limited company
- Hybrid structures and the reason for same
- A practical approach to the various structures with practical examples
CDP Course Facilitator:
Declan McEvoy – IFAC
An AITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and Member of STEP-society of trust and estate practitioners, Declan McEvoy is Head of Tax for IFAC.
Declan has extensive experience and expertise in personal and corporate tax planning, estate and succession planning, tax-based investment and financial structuring for family and farm businesses.
A leading authority on farm taxation, Declan was co-author of ‘Farming in a Limited Company – is it right for you?’
Declan is also an Irish Tax Institute Registered Tax Consultant and frequently speaks at national seminars and client workshops for professional bodies, farm organisations, banks, farm groups.