This course will cover the following topics:
- Current Accounting Issues & frequently asked Q’s
- Financial Reporting in 2020
- Section 11/22 – Debt versus equity
- Section 9 – Consolidations
- Section 22 – Accounting for share for undertaking transactions
- Section 10 – Prior period adjustment
- Charities SORP – Capital Grants
- Section 5 – Exceptional item – write off of loans
- Section 29 – Deferred tax
- Sundry items
CPD Course Facilitator
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.