This course will cover the following topics:
- Focus 1: Tax rate on properties
- Focus 2: Trading or investment
- Focus 3: Held personally or through a Company;
- Focus 4: Holding Co.’s and property & Sundry reminders
- Focus 5: Debt restructuring;
- Focus 6: 4/7 year exemption;
- Focus 7: Stamp duty, Family partnerships & debt write off implications
CPD Course Facilitator
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.