This online CPD Course will cover the following topics:
- The legislative requirements And process including:
- What is the purpose / basis for reinstating a struck off entity
- The restoration process of reinstating a company which:
- Has been stuck off less than 1 year
- Has been struck off for 2 years or more
- The Financial Statement presentation implications
- The Audit Implications for reinstating a struck off company
- A summary of key issues to watch for in companies struck off less than 1 year
- Auditing a company struck off for 2 years or more
- Accepting the Engagement
- Planning the engagement
- The audit file structure
- Specific Engagement Considerations / Limitations
- The Audit Report and Opinion formed (the form content and structure)
CPD Course Facilitators:
Neill Doran: Practice Support Executive, OmniPro
The newest member of Omnipro’s Practice Support team, Neil brings on board 12 years of accountancy experience, including IFRS and FRS 100-102 financial reporting for small subsidiaries and charities right through to large listed entities in Ireland and the UK. He is currently analysing the new auditing standards requirements for OmniPro’s online information products, CPD events and the creation of our micro-entity audit work programme for ARC – the Accountant’s Resource Centre.
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.
Des O’Neill: Co-Founder and Managing Director, OmniPro
Having worked for a number of years in practice, Des O’Neill co-founded OmniPro to develop tools, techniques, products and services, empowering accountants to achieve their best. Over 15 years, he has grown the company to a multi-million-euro turnover business and established OmniPro as Ireland’s largest independent provider of CPD for accountants.
Des speaks regularly, at national and international fora, on practice development, auditing, accounting, company law and regulation. He is passionate about bringing innovation to the profession and empowering accountants to achieve what they want in their careers and practice.