This webinar will cover the notice period, the quorum, the procedures to be followed for directors’ meetings including the requirements for what’s to be included in the minutes. It will also cover extraordinary and annual general meetings which encompasses:
- the required notice-period
- the quorum
- the notice
- consent to short notice
- special and ordinary resolution – written majority and unanimous resolutions
- sample notice for an AGM, sample proxies, sample consent to short notice
- samples minutes for an AGM for a single member or milt-member company
- sample resolution to dispense with the requirement for an AGM where the company is an ‘LTD’ including resolutions confirming that they have covered everything they needed to have an AGM been held.
The webinar will also cover the company’s register and the registers required to be held by law. The downloads include a Company register that should be maintained. We will discuss how the member’s register may be publicly corrected without having to go to the courts to effect this. The topics covered are:
- Topic 1 – Directors meetings
- Topic 2 – Members meetings
- Topic 3 – Registers and their maintenance
CDP Course Facilitator:
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.