This is a three part series that deals with tax planning for SME’s. Series 2 will look focus on the most common succession planning opportunities/plans that are used in practice and the tax implications of each. This online course will cover:
- Utilising the share buyback rules to allow for transition to the next generation while still getting cash into the exiting/disposing shareholders hands. We will review the tax and company law requirements;
- Management buy outs – the options available following the change to Section 135 TCA;
- The importance of reviewing the make of the balance sheet prior to any disposal of shares in order to make the most of reliefs;
- Partition of family companies;
- A recap on business asset relief;
- A recap on agricultural relief;
- A recap on entrepreneurial and retirement relief;
CDP Course Facilitators:
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
Des O’Neill: Co-Founder and Managing Director, OmniPro
Having worked for a number of years in practice, Des O’Neill co-founded OmniPro to develop tools, techniques, products and services, empowering accountants to achieve their best. Over 15 years, he has grown the company to a multi-million-euro turnover business and established OmniPro as Ireland’s largest independent provider of CPD for accountants.
Des speaks regularly, at national and international fora, on practice development, auditing, accounting, company law and regulation. He is passionate about bringing innovation to the profession and empowering accountants to achieve what they want in their careers and practice.