With continued media attention on solicitors when things go wrong, the role of the Reporting Accountant continues to come under scrutiny from both the Law Society and the various Accountancy Bodies.
With that backdrop the purpose of this online CPD course is to deal with the provisions of the solicitors accounts regulations focussing particularly on the role of the reporting accountants, to give an insight into the types of issues that the Law Society investigating accountants encounter and identify risk factors when reporting on solicitors accounts.
This session will cover the following:
- The Legislative Requirements – Solicitors Accounts Regulations 2014
- The Law Society Accountants Report & Reporting of Breaches of the SARs
- Planning a Solicitors Engagement & the Requirements of the Reporting Accountant;
- The Law Societies Role & Issues arising on Inspections;
- Problem or Risk areas & upcoming changes.
CDP Course Facilitator:
Colm Owens – OmniPro
As a member of our Practice Support team, Colm’s focus is on helping practices achieve on-going best practice compliance, prepare for monitoring visits and assist with post-monitoring visits follow-ups.
Having spent the last 6 years as a quality reviewer with Chartered Accountants Ireland Colm has a unique insight into how firms operate, the challenges facing firms and how firms are responding to current issues facing them and the profession.