Session 1: Financial Statement Disclosures – Real Life Problems & Solutions
- The Overview
- The Reviewer’s Insight
- The Technical Insight
- The Big 4 Approach
- The Practical Approach
Session 2: Consolidations & Groups
- An overview of S9 consolidations and the new consolidation requirements under CAA 2017
- Consolidation basics and collating the information
- The core consolidation adjustments for Irish companies
- Consolidation journals and adjustments
- The financial statements and disclosures relating to consolidation
- The audit file for consolidations
Session 3: Charities & Financial Reporting
- Accounting Issues for Charities – Financial statements
- Common errors noted in financial statements
Session 4: FRS 102 Meets Modified Audit Opinions and Going Concern
- FRS 102 / S.1A FRS 102
- FRS 105 ???
- ISA 570 – Going Concern
- ISA 700 – Forming an Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements
- ISA 705 – Modifications to the Opinion in the Independent Auditors Report
- ISA 706 – Emphasis of Matter Paragraphs and Other Matter Paragraphs
- ISA 710 – Comparative Information – Corresponding Figures and Comparative Financial Information
- ISA 720 – The Auditor’s Responsibilities Relating to Other Information in Documents Containing Audited Financial Statements
Session 5: The Practical Implications of the Triennial Review
- Overview of when changes apply from & options – FRS 102
- Main changes made to FRS 102
- Overview of when changes apply from & options – FRS 105
- Main changes made to FRS 105
- Possible adjustments if transitioning from FRS 105 to FRS 102
Session 6: The Financial Reporting Conference Closing Round Table Q & A
- Question and Answer session with main panel
CPD Course Facilitators
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing his technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
He provides support, training and advice to OmniPro clients on financial reporting, auditing and company law matter and conducts company valuations. In addition, as a Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits.
A Chartered Accountant and Qualified Financial Adviser, John has over a decade’s Big 4 experience with EY and PwC, providing tax and audit services for a portfolio of clients, ranging in scale from SMEs to multinationals.
Des O’Neill – Co-Founder and Managing Director, OmniPro
Having worked for a number of years in practice, Des O’Neill co-founded OmniPro to develop tools, techniques, products and services, empowering accountants to achieve their best. Over 15 years, he has grown the company to a multi-million-euro turnover business and established OmniPro as Ireland’s largest independent provider of CPD for accountants.
Des speaks regularly, at national and international fora, on practice development, auditing, accounting, company law and regulation. He is passionate about bringing innovation to the profession and empowering accountants to achieve what they want in their careers and practice.